Where to Go For Help During Uncertain Times
Healthy Selves, Community, Country, and World
There’s a lot happening in the world now that may be weighing on you. This has been an incredible year that has hit people in different ways and different directions.
Some people have actually seen good things happen and come out of this, others have had changes to adjust to, and others have had bad situations get worse.
- belong to a support group who you feel comfortable with and don’t be afraid to move around until you find one that truly supports you
- take care of yourself with healthy habits
- check out your insurance company’s list of in-network providers. It’s possible your policy covers some mental health services.
- bonus right now: lots of insurers are expanding telehealth benefits in response to the pandemic. So your policy could cover virtual sessions, too. Maybe even without a copay. Call the number on the back of your insurance card to check.
- substance abuse 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- domestic abuse 1-800-799-7233
- mental health support 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- suicide hotline 1-800-273-8255
It is amazing how close each of us is to true health and happiness. All we have to do is to take the power one step at a time. Make changes in your own life, and you’ll surely make a difference in the lives of others.
Each of us can spread health and happiness faster than a virus.
The short list
For the sake of simplicity, we can break down our needs into:
- brain building
- health checks
Taking care of these needs build our immunity and set us up to age well and live a happy life.
- eat more fruits and vegetables
- Minimize stress
- wash your hands
- get enough sleep
- drink in moderation
- exercise every day
- eat at home
- list your gratitude
- keep it clean
- a good book is your friend
- plant your garden
- forgive others
- share generously
- learn something new
Did you enjoy this blog?
Sign up to receive a weekly notice.
Have fun in a group building healthy immunity. Plus, it's free!
Still Have Questions or Need Help?
We're happy to answer any questions you have and help you make the best decision for you.