For those of you who intend to conduct your business online, the website is one of your most important investments. It is so important that, in Building Abundance, we are spending 2 weeks on it.
Anyone who knows me, knows I love pretty things. I love websites and all the possibilities there are to convey your message and speak to your ideal client. Designing a website is just as important as designing your home or office. Logos, colors, fonts and copy are important to a website and to your brand. We cover all this in our course. We have a bonus on SEO.
Here are some things you need to consider when creating your website:
- Know who your ideal client is. Your website is a conveyance of you and your company. Make sure it is about your client.
- Know exactly what you want your client to do when they arrive on your site…and make it easy for them. Guide them to where you want them to go.
- Give your visitors lots of free stuff. This is a wonderful opportunity to show them what you have to offer and what your service is like. Do your best and show off your best.
- Get emails and build your list. Collect opt ins with an optin on your homepage, pop up and a special page, called a squeeze page. The squeeze page is a sales page for something you give for free. You drive people to the page from social media, webinars and other marketing.
- Use SEO. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is strategy that is intended to make your website more visible. When people “google” you, they should be able to find you by using certain terms to search.
- Blog on your website. Blogging helps your SEO and it establishes you as an expert in your field as well as giving lots more free tips and valuable information to your readers.
- Connect to social media. Use social media like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest to drive people to your website.
- Provide the best customer service you can. Give it all you’ve got. Give your customers the best you have to give.
I hope that helps. Building Abundance is going to give you all the details on what you need to make a good site. It is important, whether you do it yourself, have us do it for you or someone else. The more you know, the better decisions you can make.
Share this with your friends and join in the conversation below. Share your best website tips and tricks!