Virtual Assistance – The Scoop
As a business owner, it’s easy to believe you have to do everything yourself but in reality you don’t! Meredith McCarty talks with Cathy about all things virtual assistance—what aspects of your business to outsource, how to find and hire a great VA, and tips for setting your VA and business up for success!
In this episode, Cathy and Meredith discuss:
- What health coaches should outsource to a virtual assistant
- Different things health coaches can outsource that generate revenue
- What needs to be set up before hiring a virtual assistant
- Advice for creating a system to help train your team
- Recommendations for project management software
- How to work with a virtual assistant on a day to day basis
- Tips for hiring: core values, job description, job application videos
- How to find a virtual assistant that will stick with your business
- Onboarding your virtual assistant for success
- Reframing your virtual assistant as an investment vs. cost
- Making sure you’re mentally prepared to hire an assistant
Meredith McCarty is an outsourcing expert and owner of McCarty Virtual Services LLC. MVS is a one-stop operation and business management agency for established coaches looking to outsource in their business. MVS exists to make coaches feel at ease when they are overwhelmed with day-to-day tasks in their business.
Meredith has been working 1:1 with business owners for the last two years on how to most efficiently outsource to maximize revenue and minimize time-consuming tasks.
She was born and raised in Des Moines, IA and after many moves for her husband Alex’s career, they currently reside outside of Baltimore, MD. After the 3rd move in 4 years, she decided to create the lifestyle she desired and used all the experience she had gained in the corporate world to create her own business management and operations agency. Thus, McCarty Virtual Services, LLC was born in November 2018.
- “You should outsource whatever helps you make money.”
- “What makes you the money is being on those sales calls, so let’s outsource the scheduling, the client management in general and we can get back to spending that time creating revenue.”
- “Investing in the front end of the person coming into your business is going to work out for you much better in the long run.”
- “Get prepared…Start setting up systems today because it will be much more beneficial to do the upfront work and then be able to reap the benefits once you hire [a virtual assistant].”
Did you enjoy this blog?
Sign up to receive a weekly notice.