Don’t do it all yourself.
The BIG secret.
“The difference between great people and everyone else is that great people create their lives actively, while everyone else is created by their lives, passively waiting to see where life takes them next. The difference between the two is living fully and just existing.” Michael E. Gerber
Do you ever feel like you just “go with the flow”? Creating a business plan and managing your business is active. Even if you’re moving forward, if you don’t have a plan, you’re not really running your business, your business is running you.
Michael’s assertion is that an entrepreneur should create a business – not a job – and many entrepreneurs mess this up – big time- they create a job.
“If your business depends on you, you don’t own a business—you have a job. And it’s the worst job in the world because you’re working for a lunatic!” Michael E. Gerber
You will learn a lot more than this one principle from the book. You’ll learn about values and taking action and how to balance your roles. What I’d like to approach today…don’t do it alone. You need to invest and reinvest in your business.
- One of the first things you need to do is hand off the work you don’t know how to, love to or do well. Know what to delegate and do it quickly.
- When you do it – always hire someone who’s better than you.
How do you know when it’s time to hire someone …either as a subcontractor or as an employee?
- You are spending more than 60 minutes a day on social media.
- You know that if you hired someone to do your advertising for you and monitor your analytic, it would save you advertising cost, OR bring you a better return on your advertising.
- When you sit at your computer crying over technology.
- You want to earn over $50,000 a year.
- You think you’re the only person who can do anything in your business.
- You don’t have enough customers.
- You don’t have time for enough customers.
- You’ve missed appointments.
- You haven’t had time to expand into new areas, to network, to take that next step…
- There’s anything in the following list that isn’t getting done.
As a health coach, what are some of the things a Virtual Assistant, or employee could do for you?
- Screen and answer emails
- Reach out to potential joint venture partners
- Public relations
- Social Media posting
- Customer Service
- Manage CRM, auto-responders, etc.
- Help with website pages and copy
- Video Work
- Graphic Design
- Appointment Scheduling
- Project Management
I’m guessing you’re looking at this list now, thinking of the possibilities. The idea is to hire people who are better than you for jobs that will bring value to your business. The one thing that the world wide web has given us is a universal market place where we can hire people for one job at a time or many.
Do you want a book to read that will bring new truths? ” The E Myth, Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It”