Primal Health Coaching with Mark Sisson
More than ever, health coaches are needed to help guide clients to healthier living. Mark Sisson explains how health coaches can best help clients using his Primal Health Coaching program and why health coaching isn’t just a hobby but a valuable career.
In this episode, Cathy and Mark discuss:
- What led Mark to developing Primal Blueprint and Primal Lifestyle
- Why health coaches are needed more than ever and where they fit in the future of medicine and health care
- How successful health is more about what we choose not to eat vs. what we eat
- Suggestions to help clients maximize their health and fitness in the 21st century
- Understanding keto and why Mark considers it a tool to achieve metabolic flexibility
- Developing awareness around food and how long it takes to reach metabolic flexibility
- Mark’s daily activity level and details about the Primal Health Coaching program
Mark Sisson is a celebrated best-selling health and fitness author credited as the “godfather” of paleo/primal and a leading figure in the ancestral health community. He is a former world-class distance runner, triathlete and Ironman competitor, finishing 4th in the February 1982 Ironman World Championship. He secured a top-5 finish in the 1980 U.S. National Marathon Championships and earned a qualifying spot for the U.S. Olympic trials. After retiring from professional competition, Mark coached hundreds of professional athletes to success.
An avid academic, Mark was a pre-med candidate and earned a biology degree from Williams College. He served for 15 years as chairman of the International Triathlon Union (ITU) Anti-Doping Commission and as the ITU’s liaison to the International Olympic Committee. He began sharing his vast nutrition science knowledge with the ancestral health community by way of his award-winning blog, Mark’s Daily Apple.
Mark is also the founder of Primal Nutrition, Inc., a company devoted to health education and designing state-of-the-art supplements that address the challenges of living in the modern world, and the genius behind Primal Kitchen®, a full range of healthy and delicious primal/paleo condiments and snacks.
Mark teamed up with other leading experts to create the Primal Health Coach program, the world’s first coaching program based on the evolutionary health movement. Visit primalhealthcoach.com to learn more about Primal Health Coach Institute.
- “The Primal Blueprint…it’s a blueprint, a lifestyle, a guideline…based on these ancestral behavioral patterns that we can find analogues for in today’s life.”
- “One of the important factors in health today is to have a good health coach to guide people in a way that allows them to live their lives…it’s really about understanding all these different variables…and how you want to live your life and optimize your health.”
- “The best thing a coach can do is to really understand the goals of the clients, the lifestyle that they’re embarking on and choosing to live, and fitting a program to that particular lifestyle.”
Did you enjoy this blog?
Sign up to receive a weekly notice.