Physician and Health Coach Partnering with Dr. Kim Foster
Patients sometimes require time and attention doctors simply can’t provide, and it’s important that more doctors understand how health coaches can step in and help. Dr. Kim shares why more medical doctors should work with health coaches and how health coaches can start leveraging relationships with MDs to build their business and expand their impact!
In this episode, Cathy and Dr. Kim discuss:
- Dr. Kim’s transition from family doctor to business coach for health and wellness coaches and entrepreneurs
- Why MD referrals are so powerful for health coaches
- Why MDs and health coaches must work together to transform a patient’s health
- Advice for how health coaches can build trust with MDs to receive referrals
- Why health coaches should be aware of the restrictions doctors have that health coaches do not
- How health coaches can present their services so doctors immediately see the benefit
- Suggestions for building a powerful MD referral network and why the magic is in the follow up
- Getting past the gatekeepers in order to reach doctors for referrals
- Why health coaches and doctors really are a perfect marriage to help patients
Dr. Kim Foster is MD turned coach and business mentor for health coaches and wellness entrepreneurs.
After having nearly 20 year experience as a family doctor and experiencing the frustrations and limitations of the conventional healthcare system and then discovering the incredible potential of wellness coaching, she now helps health & wellness coaches build their businesses, find freedom, and make the world a healthier place.
Kim also is a founder of Wellness coach Academy where she helps to start a successful career in health & wellness coaching – she provides a 6-month long certification program for everyone who would love to pursue health & wellness coaching as a career.
She has been featured on multiple TV, radio, and print media outlets, and is also the host of the podcast Marketing & Mindset for Wellness Coaches.
- “I realized my workday was very unsatisfying and I, of course, needed to make a change. What I’m doing now, I just feel like my impact and the way I can make a difference in the world is so much more expanded.”
- “There’s a perfect storm of need—people need help that they are just not getting from their doctors…and at the same time, doctors don’t have the time or the tools to help their patients with those complex things like lifestyle change, those things that take a coaching approach.”
- “Health coaching is a relatively new thing, medicine’s been around for a long time. A doctor needs to understand this relatively new player at the table—share your success stories and as much data as possible…and if you get a referral…close the loop so they can really understand the results this client is getting.”
Did you enjoy this blog?
Sign up to receive a weekly notice.