Interview with Omar Cumberbatch – Health Coach Academy
What inspired you to become a health coach? Most likely, you’ve experienced a life-changing transformation and want to share your story with others. Omar Cumberbatch joins Cathy to share why he became a health coach and podcaster focused on health and wellness, along with the challenges health coaches face and why it’s worth it to keep going!
In this episode, Cathy and Omar discuss:
- Wanting to help others vs. being equipped to help others
- Getting comfortable with being uncomfortable
- What it takes to be a successful health coach
- Why Omar chose podcasting as his way to help others
- Finding a mentor who’s already done what you want to do
- Why the health coaching field is growing and not oversaturated
- Advice about accepting insurance as a health coach
Omar Cumberbatch, founder of The Health Coach Academy, is a Professional Health Coach and Radio Talk Show Host. Omar received his training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN), where he was trained in more than one hundred dietary theories and studied a variety of practical lifestyle coaching methods. For over a decade he studied hundreds of different nutritional theories navigating through the world of contradictory dietary and exercise advice. During this time he experienced firsthand how challenging it was to devise his own dietary plan. Omar was able to confront this struggle by changing his approach to incorporate a holistic lifestyle approach. He then decided to become a health counselor to fulfill his passion for working with individuals who struggle with similar obstacles and are motivated to change.
- “There’s not one way to skin a cat—there’s a lot of different avenues that health coaches can make money in this space.”
- “I wasn’t brought up in a household where we were entrepreneurs, and it’s a steep learning curve when you really have to sit down and figure out how to be uncomfortable in the unknown.”
- “I always tell health coaches who’re coming out of school, if they do have a mechanism or idea that they’d like to learn more about, try to find that person and pick their brain.”
Did you enjoy this blog?
Sign up to receive a weekly notice.