Never Binge Again with Glenn Livingston
Making decisions about how to eat healthier shouldn’t be complicated or overwhelming. Glenn Livingston addresses common issues with establishing healthier eating habits and the power of autonomy to learn what approach to food works for you!
In this episode, Cathy and Glenn discuss:
- Glenn’s own journey with food and alpha wolf approach to eating
- Drawing clear lines between healthy and unhealthy eating behaviors
- Acknowledging how your inner reptilian brain impacts eating
- Examples of rules for eating healthier and eliminating the need for willpower
- Committing with perfection while forgiving yourself with dignity vs. guilt and shame
- Allowing yourself to learn something with every attempt, adjust and keep going
Glenn Livingston, Ph.D. is a veteran psychologist and was the long time CEO of a multi-million dollar consulting firm which has serviced several Fortune 500 clients in the food industry. You may have seen his (or his company’s) previous work, theories, and research in major periodicals like The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Sun Times, The Indiana Star Ledger, The NY Daily News, American Demographics, or any of the other major media outlets you see on this page. You may also have heard him on ABC, WGN, and/or CBS radio, or UPN TV.
Disillusioned by what traditional psychology had to offer overweight and/or food obsessed individuals, Dr. Livingston spent several decades researching the nature of bingeing and overeating via work with his own patients AND a self-funded research program with more than 40,000 participants. Most important, however, was his own personal journey out of obesity and food prison to a normal, healthy weight and a much more lighthearted relationship with food.
- “I’ve discovered that autonomy is a very big part of food addiction.Whereas if they think for themselves, what is one simple rule that I can implement? That would make a really big difference that is not going to be too burdensome.”
- “If you want to eliminate the need for willpower, you could accomplish the same thing by saying I will only ever have chocolate on Saturdays and Sundays…that way your decisions are made…and you’re not sweating out the willpower decisions all day long.”
Mentioned In This Episode:
Never Binge Again Website: https://www.neverbingeagain.com/
Links to resources:
Did you enjoy this blog?
Sign up to receive a weekly notice.