One of the most fun articles I ever read was a list of ways to get some money when you’re in a bind. I’m not saying anyone needs money fast but thought this would be a fun blog – brainstorm topic. When you’re finished reading – I would love it if you would add to the list below in the comments. Usually, you can’t come up with enough to pay a ransom, but it may be enough to get a new computer when it’s not in the budget this year. Actually, I think that was why she wrote the article, she needed a computer. The funny thing was (yes the world is a wonderful place), all her internet group friends pitched in and sent her bits and pieces of cash until she had enough for her new laptop.
So, in the spirit of fun, here we go.
If you’re looking for ways to make some extra money, chances are you’re in a bit of a bind with your finances. It’s easy to go into a place of fear and that’s not where you want to be. Move purposefully and mindfully out of that state of mind and into one of abundance. Think positive and feel hopeful trust. This is a good time to remember your why. Why do you need the money? Maybe you need to make some extra money to build your business, pay off a high interest loan, pay for a virtual assistant to perform the things that you can’t do. Whatever it is, if you remember why, it will help you to make it happen.
“Making money is a happiness. And that’s a great incentive. Making other people happy is a super-happiness.”Muhammad Yunus
I’m not a gambler. I’ve known people who’ve ruined their lives gambling. I’ve never gambled and that won’t be part of this list. I guess being an entrepreneur is enough of a gamble anyway!
- Sell your clutter. Get rid of furniture, lamps, clothing, books, toys, and anything else you haven’t used in 5 years and don’t see yourself using. The big bonus is EXTRA space in your dwelling, you get paid to clean house! Try selling it in the online neighborhood site, I have had great luck with nextdoor.com. Facebook also has a lot of groups, locally to sell. I’ve actually had much better luck with those than eBay or craigslist.
- Online surveys pay cash to answer questions. Try www.mypoints.com Here’s a blog with a great list of survey spots.
- Is there something you’re especially good at? Set up a website and tell everyone about it on social media. Maybe you’ve got a great eye for marketing, review sites, make sites, type up powerpoints…you can advertise it on the same social media sites where you sold your extra sofa earlier.
- Delivery services have become big – not just pizza joints, but GrubHub, and PostMates. People are ordering groceries, clothing, everything, and someone needs to deliver it.
- Write an e-book. Something you know a lot about and someone else needs to know. Do you have a bunch of great recipes from grandma? Put them in an e-book and sell them for $6 a piece.
- If you have a website with viewers or followers on social media. You can make millions as an affiliate. Make sure it’s something you’ve used and loved and then promote away. We have a great affiliate program where you can earn $45 – $1800 per program you share as an affiliate and is sold.
- Recycle your mobile phones. iPhones can bring in a decent cash payment.
- Okay, this isn’t so much fun, but it’s very doable and can sometimes be fun. Get a part-time job. Health Coaches, if you’re self-employed and your spouse doesn’t have benefits like health insurance or pensions, find a part-time job that provides you that. Sometimes that’s better than money.
- Upwork and Fiverr farm out VA’s. If you can do VA work, get work there. If you have access to people who need you and you do really good work, find the work yourself, or contact me and see if I have anything for you.
- Sell on CafePress or Etsy. I had some t-shirt designs for coaches and didn’t want to store and ship, so Amanda set me up in CafePress. It was pretty easy and I know, if I gave it some attention, it would do very well.
- Walk dogs, put an ad in nextdoor.com and Facebook and walk dogs.
- Babysit, put an ad in your neighborhood newsletter, church newsletter, or nextdoor.com.
- Tutor, many kids can use help in subjects like math, science, and history.
- Housecleaning, not my favorite, but people need their houses cleaned.
- Home organizing. DeClutter someone else’s house, handle selling their junk, keep a percentage and make them some money too. Win, win, win.
- Give blood, it’s a good thing to do too.
- Decorate for the Holiday’s. If someone offered that to me this year, I think it would be worth every penny.
- Rent out part of your house on AirBnB.
- Wash cars.
- Barter. Do you need dental work? Maybe the dentist needs a health coach.
- Rent a table at a craft show, farmers market, or flea market.
- Get a temporary part time job. Omaha Steaks hires seasonally and has great employee discounts and benefits.
- Participate in a focus group. Contact advertising agencies.
- Are you good at a sport? Referee. Jeff used to ref hockey for $65 an hour.
- Work on computers – as long as you REALLY know what you’re doing.
- Do tailoring.
- Write and sell blog posts.
- Find someone who needs health coaching.
- Go to the beauty shop and invite all the stylists to your cleanse for free if they bring a paying customer.
- Sell your program as Beta (so you can make boo-boos) and give them 1/2 off.
We didn’t talk about how you could SAVE money.
- Give up Starbucks.
- Give up Amazon rentals.
- Give up going out to eat.
- Give up Uber rentals.
- Buy clothes at the thrift store.
- Go to the library instead of Amazon.
- Wear last seasons clothes again.
- Cut back on travel (NOOOOO!)
- Purchase everything with the card that gives you cash back. Then pay it off monthly.
Well you get it, lots of ways to make and save money. May as well be you doing it!
Platinum Package (Includes Business Planning, Online Marketing Mastery, List Building Pkg, and business coaching)
Inner Circle (Includes BA, OMM)
Tell me where you are in your business building and what you’re stuck on. Let’s see if we can get you “unstuck”. Comment below.