ANOTHER LIST BUILDING ARTICLE FOR HEALTH COACHES
Updated and Adapted from 2014 post
There isn’t much different between brick and mortar and online businesses when it comes to the foundation of marketing. You must have people to sell to. Your list consists of qualified buyers. You may buy a list for brick and mortar, but for an online business, you need permission to advertise to people by email. Email is the primary way to nurture, prove yourself, and sell to customers.
Please read the following very carefully and if you want to have an online business start growing your list. Then sell to the people who really are interested in your product and have shown a specific need that you can fill.
S I M P L I F I E D
If you are doing a business online…your list is who you sell to.
There is a lot of confusion. Some people think you are supposed to find a social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest) group and advertise to them for free – over and over and over again.
N O T A G O O D I D E A
Why not? WELL…You run out of new people to advertise to…you look spammy and you limit your growth.
S O … W H A T I S T H E S O L U T I O N ?
You need to build a list and email to them. That is right! Don’t do the actual selling on Social Media. Build your list, divide them into interests and email your offers to them.
H O W T O B U I L D A L I S T
Give your ideal client what they want – for FREE. That means – valuable tips, education, e-books, videos, courses…whatever they will find irresistible. This takes getting to know your ideal client – INTIMATELY. If you have one product…all you need is one irresistible offer.
This is called an opt-in…you are offering them something and they are going to find it so interesting that they want more. That is why they offer you their email so you can share more information they may find interesting. If you have more than one product, you will want to offer them more offers. When you do this, you match the offer to the product that interests them and you have even tightened up your niche a little bit more. You can mail pertinent offers to only the people who are interested. That way you don’t bother them all the time.
- Clarify your ideal client.
- Choose 1 or more offerings.
- Create the offerings or (purchase from us for reuse)
- Offer you offering to an elite group to acquire testimonials.
- Promote your offering on social media and webinars to folks who match your identification of your ideal client.
- Make sure your opt-ins get the product you offered for FREE and know how to use it.
- Give your opt-ins additional valuable info.
- Make your products available to the opt-ins who match your identification of ideal client for each of your products.
B E C O N S I S T E N T
Contact your clients regularly.
- Start and stop communication.
- Promote and stop.
- Advertise for too long without adjustments to the look and feel.
- Choose a schedule and stick to it.
- ALWAYS grow your list. Advertising for opt-ins with free offers should be done daily all year long. No breaks.
- Change the look of your offer to maintain interest.
This is the low down. If you are ready to get started, go back and review the following blogs:
- How I Built My List
- Your First Coaching Client
- Are You an Entrepreneur
- Health Coaches Getting Results
- How to Build a Health Coaching Business in 12 Weeks
These are the secrets to growing your business online. Do this and you will grow.
What is working…and not working for you?
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS and comment below!