How to Build Your Own Community
Being a health coach can create an unexpected pressure of always trying to be the best version of yourself. Penni Shelton talks with Cathy about what led her to finally learn how to let herself rest, let go of comparison, and lead from a place of alignment. Penni also shares tips on how to show up for your community on social media and grow your online business!
In this episode, Cathy and Penni discuss:
- Penni’s background and experience launching Raw Food Rehab
- What’s contributed to Penni’s growth on social media
- Why Penni stopped using videos and her struggle to find balance as a health coach
- Avoiding the vortex of negativity
- Advice for growing your online business
- Attributes of being a successful leader online
- Where Penni finds inspiration
- How Penni manages and tracks social media
- “As health coaches…we are trying to be all things to all people and sometimes we don’t put ourselves high enough up on the to-do list.”
- “To get noticed, you have to put good content—clear content—up there. The other thing is really staying engaged with your followers.”
- “People really want to know you, they do care, they want to connect with you. It’s [Instagram] a great place for you to reach out to existing clients as well as allowing potential clients to get to know you.”
- “I think that having an element of vulnerability, being a human, being real, makes you more approachable and relatable to people.”
Penni Shelton has a powerful story of healing from her debilitating condition of IBS, through embracing a diet rich in raw and living foods. Her story of life transformation first appeared in Carol Alt’s book, The Raw 50. Penni is an award winning blogger at Real Food Tulsa, an avid health food and lifestyle writer, and she currently stays busy running her international web community, Raw Food Rehab. Penni lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma with her husband, 2 children and 3 dogs.
Did you enjoy this blog?
Sign up to receive a weekly notice.