Instagram Growth with Jenn Herman
Leveraging social media to reach your target audience can be challenging. Jenn Herman shares the many benefits Instagram offers health coaches and how to use the platform to increase engagement and build your personal business!
In this episode, Cathy and Jenn discuss:
- How Jenn got started with Instagram and the appeal of Instagram’s community environment
- Benefits of increased functionality by using a creator or business profile
- Why hashtags are still key to help your target audience find you
- Understanding the differences between stories, posts, and reels
- Picking a social media platform and posting the same content across multiple platforms
- Recognizing the differences between Facebook vs. Instagram
- Increasing engagement by using a human component and the color blue
- How health coaches can utilize Instagram’s analytic tools to build engagement
- Two most important metrics to track: Reach and website traffic
- Tips for health coaches to use a mixture of personal content and business content
Jenn Herman is a social media consultant, speaker, and globally recognized Instagram expert. She is the forefront blogger on Instagram marketing and her blog, Jenn’s Trends, has won the title of a Top 10 Social Media Blog over multiple years. She is a sought-after and international speaker providing tips, resources, and training for organizations of all sizes that need to structure their social media strategies.
Her business background includes Administration, Sales, Human Resources, and Marketing and she enjoys bringing all these skills together to help you grow your business.
Jenn has been featured in Inc., Fox News, BBC News, Yahoo Finance, Entrepreneur, HuffPost, The Verge, CBS Radio LA, and numerous other podcasts and publications.
She is the author of “Instagram for Dummies”, “Instagram for Business for Dummies”, “The Ultimate Guide to Social Media Marketing”, and “Stop Guessing: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Social Media Strategy“.
- “The way the community is built on Instagram for that type of engagement and interaction, the way that people communicate, it really fosters real relationships and that’s what made me fall in love with it early on.”
- “You have to have that broad range of hashtags and in terms of that topic that people find you for what they’re actually doing on the platform, not just where you think you want to be found for.”
- “You can include a human component in your images that typically increases engagement, the color blue on Instagram has been shown to increase engagement as well.”
- “You’re not this huge brand. You’re probably the face of your brand. You have a personal life. You have things you can share. You have things that people can relate to. And if you create that content, it’s going to build that audience around you.”
Mentioned In This Episode:
Instagram for Business for Dummies – https://www.amazon.com/Instagram-Business-Dummies-Jennifer-Herman/dp/1119696593/
Links to resources:
Did you enjoy this blog?
Sign up to receive a weekly notice.