PLANNING MARKETING FOR YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS
Get Ready to Blast 2017 Out of the Water!
We’re getting close to the end of the year, many businesses already have their marketing set.
Do you have a solid plan for 2017?
If you haven’t put your list together, you still have time. Do it now! I’ve put together a list to help you get it done and have an incredible year.
Know your ideal client and niche.
This is the number one, most important thing for you to do. We start everything with the identification of niche and client because you need to do it. You can still work with anyone, just pick a niche and identify your target market, so you know where and how to advertise. Take a day to look at how your business compares to others in your industry.
Take a day or two to look at how your business compares to others in your industry (market research).
- Are you new or experienced?
- Are you an industry leader? Do you want to be?
- How are you and what you offer different than other coaches?
Take the time to talk to some of your customers about their experience with your business. Honest feedback helps you to see your business and your message and know what to adjust or emphasize.
Look at last year’s wins and losses. You can’t move forward without looking back.
- Hit your lead goals?
- Did you have enough people to talk to?
- Were your leads qualified or were they people who weren’t interested or not your ideal client?
- Make your sales goals?
- Hit your revenue goals?
- How was your retention? Did you keep your clients?
- Did you have goals?
An evaluation of wins and losses will help you to focus on what you should for 2017. See your strong points and weaknesses and let you know what a realistic expectation might be.
Clearly Define Your Goals for 2017
Put your marketing goals into your planner. These goals will guide your accomplishments through the year.
Goal #1 – Give more value to existing clients and strengthen relationships for upsells and referrals.
- Develop three outstanding pieces of content in the form of opt-ins and free materials to give away in exchange for names and emails.
- Nurture with content, newsletters, and consistent communication.
- Build a social media campaign around current customers
- Build an active referral program to encourage customers to share with friends, family and neighbors.
Tighten Your Talk
Creating authentic, smart content establishes your expertise. It helps you to solidify your relationship with potential and existing customers.
Before you spend a lot of time creating new content, use what you have. Your materials in the Inner Circle/Stock the Shelves gives you piles of credible content that can be rebranded to promote your message.
Use your content to attract and nurture Look at your customer’s experience and map it out. Give them information that is helpful at each stage of their journey.
Founder, The Health Coach Group
Plan Your Budget and Methods of Advertising.
Create a planner for next year. You don’t have to stick to it, but it gives you a place to start.
You want a little flexibility, new products; lines, programs may come out, and you’ll want the option to switch if you are inclined.
- Identify everything you’ll need to carry out the plan. EX – emails, social media, other supporting content.
- Make a plan to facilitate manageable lead times. That means, if your goal is to release a newsletter in July, then figure out how long it takes to design, write copy, create art and edit it. Give yourself a little extra time.
Starting the year with a plan and a schedule makes the business run so much smoother.
So, this is it, the secret to advertising/marketing budget is ROI (return on investment).
Plan your budget and methods of advertising. What is the return for every marketing dollar you spend? Many of you are just getting started, so you’ll want to do some testing. Make sure you’re getting a good return for every dollar you spend.
Maybe you want to expand this year? I’m getting into Google! Host workshop or lunch and learns or create a webinar program. Maybe you’re FINALLY going to get that campaign sequence going. New marketing techniques usually bring new customers.
I created a very simple little planner for you, you are welcome to use it.