Gut Health with Dr. Wanda Jeanty
Cathy talks with long-time customer Wanda about the connection between your brain and your gut health and what you can do to have a happier gut!
In this episode, Cathy and Wanda discuss the following:
- What happens to carbohydrates, fats, and proteins when they’re consumed
- How gut flora relates to microbiota and microbiome
- How your gut triggers your immune system and what leaky gut entails
- How everyone’s gut flora is different just like our unique bio-individualities
- The importance of understanding every organ has its own microbiome
- How the gut flora can become imbalanced in dysbiosis
- The difference between probiotics and prebiotics and examples of each
- Suggestions for restoring balance to your gut health
- How your gut impacts your brain and how you think
- The hormones related to your gut health
Wanda is a health educator whose main focus is to help as many people as possible to learn about women’s health and mental health. She believes it’s crucial to include mental health in any discussion surrounding physical health because the two are intricately linked.