Dr. Joel Fuhrman – Eat for Life
Losing weight and being healthy may sound like the same thing but that’s not always true. Dr. Joel Fuhrman joins Cathy to explain the life-changing impact of a nutritarian diet, why building our immunity should be our priority, and why it’s important to take control of our health now to avoid disease and doctor bills later in life!
In this episode, Cathy and Joel discuss:
- What a nutritarian diet is and what makes it unique
- Why our diet should contain GBOMBS: greens, beans, onions mushrooms, berries, seeds
- What it means to be healthy and why so many people are not
- Basic principles of super immunity and how to earn it
- Whether nutritional science can help win the war against cancer
- Which foods are better for health performance and longevity and why
- Exciting disease reversals Dr. Fuhrman has witnessed
- Details about Dr. Fuhrman’s books and treatment approaches
- “The same diet style that’s most effective to promote human lifespan is almost most effective to be therapeutic to reverse disease…and improve immune function protection…”
- “Excellent nutrition makes our body virtually disease proof.”
- “It’s not just keeping your hands away from your face, it’s keeping the junk food out of your hands.”
- “It’s not just preventing exposure, it’s improving your host immunity so if and when you get exposed…you’re not going to have a bad outcome.”
Joel Fuhrman, M.D. is a board-certified family physician, seven-time New York Times best-selling author and internationally recognized expert on nutrition and natural healing. He specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional methods. Dr Fuhrman is the President of the Nutritional Research Foundation and on the faculty of Northern Arizona University, Health Sciences division. He coined the term “Nutritarian” to describe a nutrient-dense eating style, designed to prevent cancer, slow aging, and extend lifespan.
For over 30 years, Dr. Fuhrman has shown that it is possible to achieve sustainable weight loss and reverse heart disease, diabetes and many other illnesses using smart nutrition. In his medical practice, and through his books and television specials, he continues to bring this life-saving message to hundreds of thousands of people around the world.
Dr. Fuhrman is the author of seven New York Times bestsellers, including his most recent book, Eat for Life (HarperOne, 2020). His other bestsellers include: Eat to Live (Little Brown, 2003); Super Immunity (HarperOne, 2012); The End of Diabetes (HarperOne, 2013); The Eat to Live Cookbook (HarperOne, 2013); The End of Dieting (HarperOne, 2014) and The End of Heart Disease (HarperOne, 2016).
In addition to his New York Times bestsellers, Dr. Fuhrman has written several other popular books on nutritional science which include: Fast Food Genocide (HarperOne, 2018); Eat to Live Quick & Easy Cookbook (HarperOne 2017); Dr. Fuhrman’s Transformation 20 Blood Pressure and Cholesterol (Gift of Health Press); Dr. Fuhrman’s Transformation 20 Diabetes (Gift of Health Press); 10 in 20: Dr. Fuhrman’s Lose 10 Pounds in 20 Days Detox Program (Gift of Health Press); Eat for Health (Gift of Health Press), Disease Proof Your Child (St. Martin’s Griffin), Fasting and Eating for Health (St. Martin’s Griffin) and the Dr. Fuhrman’s Nutritarian Handbook and ANDI Food Scoring Guide (Gift of Health Press).
Did you enjoy this blog?
Sign up to receive a weekly notice.