Dr Christina Velderman discusses ‘What is Healing’
Healing doesn’t always mean symptoms disappear. Dr. Christina Velderman shares an esoteric meaning of what healing entails and the state of constant change we all encounter throughout life.
In this episode, Cathy and Christina discuss:
- What it means to really heal and what Christina means when using the word spirit
- The reality of the constant change and interactivity of life
- The two things health coaches must understand to really understand healing:
1-There’s a (disease) state we want to leave behind
2-There’s a desire to change things, from one state to another
- How our state is impacted by a unique combination of stimulus from 3 categories:
- External Pathogens: Viral, bacterial, external trauma, emotional or physical climatic toxins
- Internal Pathogens: constitutional or genetic irregularities and deficiencies or emotional excess
- Lifestyle Passive Pathogens: diets, fatigue, sexual intemperance
- Emotions of Chinese medicine: anger, joy, mania pensiveness/excessive rumination, worry or anxiety, sadness, grief, fear, and shock
- Understanding the disease state
- What it means to alleviate suffering and letting go of control
- Being part of a whole in both disease and wellness
Dr. Christina Velderman is a doctor of acupuncture and Chinese medicine. She was trained in a classical school in the tradition of Master Jeffrey Yuen who’s an 88th generation Daoist priest of the Jade Purity Lineage. Prior to becoming a doctor, Christina was a business consultant, worked in leadership and business and in the health of higher education fields for 15 years. You can find more about Christina HERE.
- “There is no amount of juicing, there is no amount of fasting or detoxing or whatever you can do that will assure you never fall ill, that you never have discomfort, or that you never die. We’re all gonna die. No matter how we live. We all decline and die. That is the nature of life. The state of constant change.”
- “In your state of disease or your state of wellness, you are fundamentally whole. You are part of the one, something that is constantly changing, it’s growing, it is well outside the conscious control of any one individual or group of people, so you know that’s kind of out there but what is healing.”
Did you enjoy this blog?
Sign up to receive a weekly notice.