Dr. Anna Garrett – Hormone Replacement Therapy Publish
Menopause is a fact of life for most women, but some also experience perimenopause with a wide range of symptoms. Dr. Anna Garrett visits with Cathy to explain what perimenopause is, how hormone therapy replacement works, and what to consider if you’re interested in hormone replacement therapy!
In this episode, Cathy and Anna discuss the following:
The differences between perimenopause, menopause, post menopause
- What women experience during perimenopause
- When women might consider hormone replacement therapy
- The hormones usually included in hormone replacement therapy
- Other treatment options to help manage symptoms
- What hormone replacement choices exist and which one Dr. Anna prefers
- Safety issues with hormone replacement therapy
- What kind of testing is needed before starting hormone replacement therapy
- Current guidelines for the use of hormone replacement therapy
- Why some doctors resist prescribing hormone replacement therapy
Dr. Anna Garrett has been a clinical pharmacist for over 20 years and has worked in a variety of practice settings. While traveling her career path, she discovered that working with women in midlife is her true passion. She offers a variety of services including hormone balancing, weight loss and health coaching designed to help women in perimenopause and menopause escape from hormone hell and feel amazing in their bodies so they can rock their mojo through midlife and beyond. Dr. Anna is passionate not only about helping women get their hormones balanced but also about teaching women how to advocate for themselves in the healthcare system.
Dr. Anna received her Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Pharmacy degrees from UNC-Chapel Hill and is a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist. She is also a Certified Intrinsic Coach®, and has studied through the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. Dr. Anna is the author of Perimenopause: The Savvy Sister’s Guide to Hormone Harmony which was published in April of 2019.
Dr. Anna works with her clients virtually and locally. Please contact her for more information at www.drannagarrett.com.
Did you enjoy this blog?
Sign up to receive a weekly notice.