The thing is…sometimes it doesn’t happen all at once. Sometimes you fail a whole lot of times before you get it right. The only way to get there is to be stubborn, persistent and keep going until it happens. Then, it all comes together in the most beautiful way.
Sometimes it has nothing to do with failures, it is just a slow process.
It was that way for my son too. He is a nuclear physicist. While he was working toward his doctorate, he did research. Do you know what he did every day? He turned knobs. He built this machine that was a combination of lasers and scopes (I am sure I am simplifying it)…and he turned knobs…and it was boring…but he had a purpose and kept doing it. He ended up (after months of knob turning) cutting back nuclear radiation detection time from weeks to seconds. It was a big deal…from a lot of little moves.
Henry Ford went broke 5 times before he finally succeeded.
Walt Disney was fired from a newspaper for “lack of imagination”.
Charles Darwin’s dad thought he was a lazy dreamer.
Babe Ruth had the right idea…”every strike brings me closer to my next home run”.
Tips to Keep on Going
- Always remember your why…put it on as a screensaver if you have to.
- Try a different direction. If it doesn’t work one way…try it another.
- Share it with 20 more people.
- Focus on one step at a time.
- It is okay to be out of your comfort zone.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Remember, every failure is really a win. It is part of your path to success.
Share below some of your experiences with failure and success. Why will you NOT give up?