Well, I am up to my nose in making plans for health coaches to share all their valuable abilities with doctors. So when I was trying to come up with a new blog topic…it was the most reasonable thing to talk about AGAIN…because it is every place around me and ….Why not tell you what I am thinking?
The great thing about The Health Coach Group has been our collaboration and closeness to coaches. We get everything we do from you.
In 2011 when I decided to work with coaches…this is where we started. After meeting 1000’s of unemployed health coaches who were just dying to work with clients….I decided that this is what I could give to the world. It is something that I did well and health coaches were missing. We started out and …I am not kidding you…I ran an advertisement on a Sunday (this was my first toe into marketing health coaching) – I went to church on Sunday morning, came back and there was an email from a local doctor who wanted a health coach to work with him.
DOCTOR’S NEED HEALTH COACHES.
DOCTOR’S PATIENTS NEED HEALTH COACHES.
I got a little sidetracked over the last couple years. We did lots of research…and still have it.
I created programs…lots of programs…for coaches to use with their clients.
We created business education…so health coaches who need jobs – that aren’t there – can go out and create their own businesses – RESPONSIBLY.
We created a software company … so you could deliver our programs without having to hire 3 people to hand them out, email to support and a marketing firm to support you.
We expanded on that software company so it would offer websites that are ready to get out and make you money – the next week!
We created a marketing course to teach you how to market all this.
We created a collaborative environment and events to build up the health coaching community.
Then, we created a full package the sets up your entire business for you.
(BOY – we have been busy)
So what is next? WELL…it is time to go back to where we began.
This is the amazing thing… everything we did over the last few years has put us in an incredibly strong place to get this going in a way that we never could have done before.
We have been growing our health coach data base all this time. It is strong and getting stronger.
There is an interest. I sent out a short email looking for interest and had nearly 500 responses in less that 24 hours.
We are in a position now, we know what we are talking about, we have exclusive tools to do this thing right.
So…what would it look like?
Weeeelllll…I’ve studied it a bit. We have 4 different business models and because of the special tools we hold, we can offer and expand on the successful models that have already been tried and studied.
There are case studies. ALL have been successful.
There is a variance in how lucrative these different plans have been for the doctor and the health coach.
There are numbers to support that health coach/physician partnership is the answer to a number of issues –
- We create jobs for health coaches.
- We create internships for health coaches
- Patients who get too little attention from doctors will receive what they need.
- Doctors who have just about run out of time and are making less money than ever will have new ways to active and passive revenue streams.
- Patients who could have prevented disease with better lifestyle choices will have the education they need.
- Doctors who would rather be independent and stay away from the insurance and/or hospital umbrella will have an alternative.
- Patients who are in pre-crisis or crisis will get the added education, attention and accountability needed.
- More money for health coaches, doctors and savings to patients…win-win-win
- More opportunity for health coaches, some needed relief for doctors, better health for patients … win-win-win-win-win-win
Stay tuned because we are gaining momentum and we have the instruments, expertise and credibility necessary to create that new layer in health care that everyone desperately needs.
What are some of your experiences with the health care system and how do you think a coach would have made your experience different? I hope you are excited for this as I am.