Do you ever wonder how someone like Steve Jobs, Robert Branson, Oprah Winfrey, Warren Buffet, achieve such immense success, while others don’t ever get off the runway? I’ve always believed if you want to do something successfully, study someone who is getting it right.
I’ve always believed if you want to do something successfully, study someone who is getting it right.
Just because Einstein took daily naps, doesn’t mean that you will become successful from daily naps, but if we compile a list of the actions it takes to make things happen, and then TAKE ACTION. The probability of success increases.
Founder, The Health Coach GroupCathy helps health coaches build and maintain successful businesses that improve the lives of others.
15 Successful Daily Practices
1. Get up early in the morning. I remember a woman, a client of mine who accomplished more in one day than most people achieve in a week. One of her secrets is that she got up every day at 4:30. It’s quiet at that time of day. I know when I get up and started early, I can have an entire day’s worth of work done before 7 a.m.. Somehow it releases the urgency of the day, and everything is much more relaxed.
2. Prayer or meditation is an integral part of the day. It creates clarity and calm. It reduces stress and creates focus.
3. Small and never-ending improvement. That’s what I learned from the first videotape I bought from Anthony Robbins. The thing is significant changes don’t happen fast, but if you’re willing to work toward little steps to a long journey…you always reach your destination.
4. Successful people take care of their health. They do what is necessary to keep in top form. What’s more, most have their workout in before 8 a.m. It pays to get up early.
5. Plan your day for success. It gives you a compass and prevents long excursions into nonproductive holes.
6. Beyond planning, successful people keep track. Analyzing action and results will lead you to a better understanding for repositioning or emphasis.
7. Have a positive attitude. You are what you focus on. People focusing on the wrong thing won’t get past it. It is easier to have a positive outcome when that is what you expect.
8. Strong team building is vital to successful people.It is easier to be successful when life is in balance. Career, Relationship, Financial, Growth, Health, Spiritual, Contribution and Safety and Esteem.
9. Successful people take responsibility for the outcome. Can you imagine Warren Buffet crossing his fingers for a financial result?
10. Successful people have a routine. Almost guaranteed they won’t be getting up at 4:30 a.m. to wander around aimlessly deciding what to do next.
11. If you want to be successful – have successful friends. That’s one of the blessings of a strong mastermind that is well placed. Mentors bring you up a level.
12. Visualization can be an essential practice for success. Visualization is proven to make a difference in the outcome. This could also be coupled with optimism and expectation for success – because you can “see” it.
13. Successful people get the dreaded work done first. They don’t procrastinate or close their eyes to a problem and face things head-on.
14. I know, you’ve heard it a million times, really successful people eat to fuel their bodies, not for entertainment.
15. Successful people know there is always room for improvement. They make a determined effort to improve themselves daily.
What are your success principles?
What do you notice you do when you are successful?
What do you think unsuccessful people do consistently? Maybe we should make a list of things that unproductive people do!
- Skip breakfast
- Throw away bills
- Hang out in front of the t.v. all day
- Get mean and cranky and growl at the checkout girl
- Sit and yell at the reporters on the news
- Don’t have time to exercise, clean the house, mow the lawn, because they’re too busy with the things in 1-5.
Well…does this sounds like anyone you know.
What would you add to the first list?
Leave it in the comments below!