Collaboration for Health Coaches
It was never my intention to coach people. I knew that I was called to do something different because my special talents are different. I can force myself to be a great listener – but clients deserve more than that.
You are called to be a great listener and guide. You are the type of person I would like for a health coach.
My talent is in business, I love business, I love marketing and I love problem-solving. Coupled with my special love to make things beautiful…this is where I landed. I help health coaches and make our product we put out into the world beautiful. There are others who are great teachers.
The wonderful thing is, we all have a common vision to make the world a healthier place…the ripple effect and all of that. We are out to change the world and we can do it better – when we do it together.
“If you follow your bliss…you will begin to meet people who are in the field of your bliss, and they open doors to you.” Joseph Campbell
""A good coach can change a game. A great coach can change a life."John Wooden
Founder, The Health Coach GroupCathy helps health coaches build and maintain successful businesses that improve the lives of others.
The Importance of Mentors
Over the years, in our thirst for more knowledge and education, we found mentors. Mine include Brendan Brazier, Marie Forleo, Anthony Robbins, Frank Lloyd Wright, Mother Teresa. Some of them know they are my mentors. There are others who don’t have a clue, but they’re still mentoring. We learn from them and then grow from the experience and add to their principles. Role Models are people who excel in a field. They are people who you admire. It is our job to study them, learn from them by studying patterns, behaviors, qualities, and outcomes.
Make a list of 5 people who’ve been instrumental in your learning experience. How did you learn from them and what are 2 of the most significant lessons they “taught”?
What about the people who are not so famous as your mentors. Your contemporaries. People who are in the same field, facing the same struggles and looking for the same outcome. Once they come together, they share knowledge, information, dreams, realities, successes, and failures. To be a productive member of a group (or tribe) like this, you must enter selflessly. You must realize that there is enough abundance to go around.
“There is plenty of room at the top.” Daniel Webster
The power is in the group. When we get over jealousy and competition and share our resources, we go so far beyond self-promotion into a place that is more universal. That is where the sweet spot is.
“There is no union except in the same high effort.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Surround yourself with supportive people
So, the question to ask is who am I surrounding my self with? People who encourage growth and compliment your efforts or people who are suppressing possibility? We don’t always get to pick who our coworkers are, our family or our neighbors. You do choose those in your tribe…are you choosing to be with the people who say “I can’t”…or someone who says “I will find out how”? Are you with people who make you crazy or someone who encourages growth?
Make a list of the people you would like to surround yourself with. If you don’t know who these people are, then take a week and look for them and come back to make your list.
When you are with your “people” you will know the “big secret,” that is that we are here for other people. Your contribution is valuable to others.
The Benefits in Business of “Invisible Hands”
- Networking our best business (both sides) is from referrals. When a designer refers a painter, the client can be pretty sure they will have a good paint job. When a health coach specializing in eating disorders refers another who specializes in gluten intolerance, then, they have filled the clients need and entered into a business arrangement with the spirit of reciprocity.
- Lowered Cost (both fiscal and time) is inevitable when 100 people are paying for the production of a needed resource. Instead of one alone. This could include shared resources and products, like marketing tools, communication products, shared client offerings (gym memberships, book prices…etc.)
- Better Products are available when more people are sharing the expense.
- Support provided during challenges. A place to go to with questions and obstacles.
- Shared labor reduces the expense of hiring and production.
- Increased resources are available with the increase of people and knowledge pooling.
- Increased revenue with the networking, affiliate fees, referrals, shared expense reduction, innovation and product and service improvement.
- Access to expertise increases with the background and knowledge difference in a group.
- Through history, people have found strength in communities formed in worship and religion, sports, education, addiction and recovery, and political affiliation. These are people who share the same beliefs and intentions and add strength, purpose, and conviction to their lives. One of the most important human needs is to “belong.” Belonging also fills other human needs of importance, contribution, socialization, and security.
“Community involvement has actually been shown to be a physical benefit. “Dr. Ruden’s studies show that without sufficient community connection our brains produce less serotonin, a key neurotransmitter that gives us a feeling of security and well being. When serotonin levels are deficient, another one of our natural chemicals, dopamine, becomes overactive.” Bill Phillips ‘Transformation’
Become a part of a community, tribe or group who supports each other in growth. Groups are sprouting up all over the place. They may be in your geographical area or on the internet. Whether it is health, spiritual, religious, weight loss, authors, blogging if there is something that you want to do better…find a group of like-minded people and thrive!
One of our most significant purposes at The Health Coach Group is to bring health coaches together to help each other to grow and prosper. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Submit a recipe here to be added to the collaborative recipe book for health coaches CLICK HERE We will be using them to publish an e-book for resale where you will be listed. You will be given the e-book to share with your clients.
- Find another health coach and exchange services…we can all use a health coach, and we can help each other out this way. Check out our directory to pick by specialty. CLICK HERE
- We are still working hard to break into health coaching with physicians. Just contact email@example.com for a powerpoint to help you market to doctors.
- Do you have programs, techie tips, health info, that would help other health coaches? Share it with your group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/thehealthcoachgroup/?fref=ts
- Set up your affiliate program. If we all set up affiliate programs and help promote each other’s products, we all prosper.
- What can you do this week to help another health coach? When one of us moves forward, we all do!
We have begun beautiful partnerships that we will be announcing in the next few weeks to bring you bigger and better things to help build your business stronger and profitable. This is the beginning of many great relationships that benefit us all.