- Get up early in the morning. I remember a woman, a client of mine who accomplished more in one day than most people achieve in a week. One of her secrets is that she got up every day at 4:30. It’s quiet at that time of day. I know when I get up and started early, I can have an entire day’s worth of work done before 7 a.m.. Somehow it releases the urgency of the day and everything is much more relaxed.
- Prayer and/or meditation is an integral part of the day. It creates clarity and calm. It reduces stress and creates focus.
- Small and never ending improvement. That’s what I learned from the first video tape I bought from Anthony Robbins. The thing is…big changes don’t happen fast, but if you’re willing to work toward little steps to a long journey…you always reach your destination.
- Really successful people take care of their health. They do what is necessary to keep in top form. What’s more, most have their workout in before 8 a.m. It pays to get up early.
- Plan your day for success. It gives you a compass and prevents long excursions into non productive holes.
- Beyond planning, successful people keep track. Analyzing action and results will lead you to better understanding for re positioning or emphasis.
- Have a positive attitude. You are what you focus on. People focusing on the wrong thing won’t get past it. It is easier to have a positive outcome when that is what you expect.
- Strong team building is important to successful people.
- It is easier to be successful when life is in balance. Career, Relationship, Financial, Growth, Health, Spiritual, Contribution and Safety and Esteem.
- Successful people take responsibility for the outcome. Can you imagine Warren Buffet crossing his fingers for a financial outcome?
- Successful people have a routine. Almost guaranteed they won’t be getting up at 4:30 a.m. to wander around aimlessly deciding what to do next.
- If you want to be successful – have successful friends. That’s one of the blessings of a strong mastermind that is well placed. Mentors bring you up a level.
- Visualization can be an important practice for success. Visualization is proven to make a difference in the outcome. This could also be coupled with optimism and expectation for success – because you can “see” it.
- Successful people get the dreaded work done first. They don’t procrastinate or close their eyes to a problem and face things head on.
- I know, you’ve heard it a million times, really successful people eat to fuel their bodies, not for entertainment.
- Successful people know there is always room for improvement. They make a determined effort to improve themselves daily.
Oops, I overdid it again. You got 6 bonus secrets.
What are your success principles? What do you notice you do when you are successful? What do you think unsuccessful people do consistently? Maybe we should do a list of things that unsuccessful people do! That would be fun.
- Skip breakfast
- Throw away bills
- Hang out in front of the t.v. all day
- Get mean and cranky and growl at the checkout girl
- Sit and yell at the reporters on the news
- Don’t have time to exercise, clean the house, mow the lawn, because they’re too busy with the things in 1-5.
Well…does this sound like anyone you know. Unfortunately. What would you add to the first list?
Leave it in the comments below!